In 2o17 FPV Australia took its training and education programs to Hong Kong and established FPV Australia (Hong Kong). We have successfully trained hundreds of students, from every day citizens, through to corporate clients.
Our HK training program is designed and replicated from our Certified RePL training here in Australia, and is a direct pathway to being recognised as a commercial operator in Hong Kong, and has a direct pathway to gaining and Australia Remote Pilot’s Licence.
Australian Certified Instructors
All of our instructors in Hong Kong hold Australian Remote Pilot's Licenses and have all passed through our internal professional instructor training program. Each and every instructor is assessed annually to ensure the highest quality of training is being delivered by the highest calibre of instructor.
Pathway to Recognition
Once a student completes FPV Australia's RePL Standard training in Hong Kong, it opens a pathway to becoming recognised as a commercial operator with CAD. FPV Australia will assist with operations manuals and requirements to ensure your pathway is a smooth one.
Australian Remote Pilot's licenses can also be achieved after completing our RePL Standard, and we provide a clear pathway to full certification if required.
What is included in RePL Standard
- 2 Days of RePL Theory
- Theory study based on Australian Remote Pilot's Licence Regulation
- Australian Rules and Regulations
- Hong Kong Rules and Regulations
- Airspace Regulations - both local and international
- Drone Safety and Risk Management
- Job Safety Assessments
- 5 hours of on the field flight training
- Operational Assistance and Consultancy
- FPV Australia Certificate of Completion
Theory Content and Curriculum
Some of the theory content includes;
- Aviation Language
- Threat and Error Management
- Risk Management Principles
- Map Reading & Direction
- Air Legislation, Meteorology
- Lipo batteries
- Ground Station and Telemetry equipment
- Pre and post flight checklists
- Ground crew operations and relevant procedures
- and more.
What are the Outcomes?
Upon completion FPV Australia offers a pathway to Australian Certification. Once RePL standard is completed, our consultant will guide you through the next necessary steps to gaining a full Australian Remote Pilot's Licence.
When are the courses run?
FPV Australia runs its training program regularly in Hong Kong. Details can be found below.