RPAS Resources and links
- Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (www.auvsi.org)
- Australian Association for Unmanned Systems (www.aaus.org.au)
- Australian Certified UAV Operators Inc. (www.acuo.org.au)
- Australian Research Centre for Aerospace Automation (www.arcaa.net)
Model aircraft associations
Further reading about RPA
- Key note address CASA Director of Aviation Safety February 2013: ‘Development of UAS in civil airspace and challenges for CASA‘
Flight Safety Australia magazine articles
- Flight Safety Australia March-April 2014 ‘Unmanned aircraft: the next waypoint’
- Flight Safety Australia Jan-Feb 2013 edition: ‘Intruder in the circuit’. The operators of a remotely piloted aircraft (RPA) were lucky to feel only embarrassment rather than grief after losing their aircraft near a busy aerodrome. It’s an example of why RPA operators must take them seriously as aircraft.
- Flight Safety Australia July-August 2012 ‘Unmanned aircraft: a civil discussion’
Articles below all available at the Flight Safety Australia archive (www.casa.gov.au/fsa)
- Flight Safety Australia Sept-Oct 2011 ‘Professionalism in train’- training unmanned aircraft pilots.
- Flight Safety Australia Nov-Dec 2010 ‘Poised for take-off’ – the unmanned sector is maturing rapidly.
- Flight Safety Australia May-June 2010 ‘Manning UAS’ – the UAV sector is concluding pilot training is essential.
- Flight Safety Australia May-June 2009 ‘UAS – the story continues …’ Part 2 of developments in unmanned aerial systems.
- Flight Safety Australia Mar-Apr 2009 ‘To boldly go where no man can’. New developments in unmanned aerial systems.